Why Daredevil Is Better Than Batman
1) Daredevil has had none of the advantages Batman has had in his life. He's not rich, he was trained by one old blind guy, he has one weapon and it's essentially a double stick, and to top it all off, he's blind. Batman, on the other hand, had a lifetime of the best kind of training money can buy, has a bunch of gadgets, a butler, and the support of the police commissioner. And yet, their success rates in their respective zones of protection are about the same.
2) Daredevil's secret identity, lawyer Matt Murdock, is complementary and paradoxical to his costumed identity, in the sense that Daredevil does what Matt can't. It's possibly Shakespearean. Bruce Wayne's money makes the fact that he's Batman look like he's one giant arrested-development child. Not at all Shakespearean.
3 Batman dresses up like a bat. Daredevil actually has radar (which doesn't count as an advantage, because it makes up for his blindness, and I say it doesn't count).
4) TV Daredevil has a bunch of awesome action sequences. He could kick movie Batman's ass.
|This guy begs to differ.|
5) There is no "Dare-Cox" voice the way there is a "Bat-Bale" voice. Although now that I mention it, I kinda wish Charlie Cox yelled out things like "SWEEEEEARTOOOOMEEEEEE!!"
6) Daredevil led to the creation of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Batman led to the creation of Batman Jones.
7) Batman's always letting Catwoman and Talia get away with big crimes just because they're hot. Daredevil doesn't let Elektra get away just because he has the hots for her.
|They just get away on their own. So not the same thing.|
8) Daredevil don't need no sidekicks.
|Mainly because he probably knows this would happen.|
9) Daredevil wears a red costume, and he has the word "red" in his name. Does Batman have "black" or "gray" or "blue" in his name? No. No, he doesn't. He can't even be clever about it.
|Also, also, also, you can split his name up and it'd say|
"Da Red Evil." "Batman" splits up to become "Ba Tman."
What's that even mean?
10) Ben Affleck, one of the most iconic actors of his generation, starring in such classics as Good Will Hunting, Chasing Amy, Dazed and Confused, Armageddon, and Phantoms, has played Daredevil. Ben Affleck has never played Batman.
And so, dear Cube readers, there's the 100% correct and objective view as to why Daredevil is better than Batman. We hope you enjoyed this article and come back for more.