That's right, folks, Linda Brown's a mermaid! What a twist! (I love those old twist endings.)
But the most interesting part of the story is Linda's aunt and uncle:
Her Aunt May and Uncle Ben!
Now obviously, obviously, these are May and Ben Parker, Spider-Man's aunt and uncle. So obviously, obviously, Peter Parker has an adoptive mermaid cousin. But some questions do arise. For example:
- Why is Linda's last name Brown?
- Why did Uncle Ben go from a gray-haired, mustached thin guy to a white-haired shaven fat guy?
- If Ben and May took care of Peter for his entire life, how far back is this story? Is Peter actually here, and we just don't see him?
- Why are the Parkers living by the beach?
- When will Dan Slott and Ty Templeton tell the story of Peter Parker meeting his mermaid cousin?
Have at it, folks! The more creative the answers, the better. Winner gets a cookie. Continuity nuts who can't appreciate humor and want to answer with "This isn't really Aunt May and Uncle Ben, you idiot," don't get anything.
In the meantime, this story and a lot of other Ditko goodies can be found in MARVEL VISIONARIES: STEVE DITKO!